Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dormont Pool

I think I've posted earlier that we have a membership to the pool this summer.  It's a nice pool ... kiddie pool, big kid/adult pool with dedicated section for kids, grass all around.  It has one drawback.  We don't drive past it every time we go somewhere.  We do drive past Dormont pool ever time we  go somewhere.  Dormont is an old long sloping pool, surrounded by concrete and struggling to scrape together enough funding to stay open every year.

The ONLY thing Vivian wanted for this summer was to go to Dormont pool.  On Saturday, Will and I relented and we took the kids there.  It was perfect pool weather, high 70s, it had been overcast all day (so the pool was pretty empty) but the sun came out literally as we walked out of the front door.  Because the pools is so shallow, I was able to snap a couple of pictures of the girls with my cell phone.




After the pool, Annelee fell asleep in the car and was successfully transported to her crib, Will had to work some more (boooo) and Vivian and I also ended up falling asleep.  Luckily, I woke up before anyone snapped my photo.  The girls?  Not so lucky.  But they are still cute when asleep, so it's ok. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment