Sunday, October 6, 2013

Biker Chicks

Let's start with an only semi-related note.  This is gone and we finally have a beautiful working front-door again.  While it was very annoying that we had to go through the garage all the time, I didn't think it had stopped us from enjoying being out front ... but it clearly had, because as soon as we had a bit of free time today, the girls demanded to go out front and ride their bikes for the first time in a long time.

Rowan was very sweet and passed her old and too small bike onto Annelee, so she graduated to a full bike with pedals, and did quite well.  Vivian then demanded that I take her training wheels off, and I have to confess I did this only reluctantly.  I didn't think she was quite ready for this.  But I'm glad I did it anyways, because after just a few times of me jogging down the street holding her up, Vivian managed to ride the bike all by herself!!!  The video below is one of her first successful solo attempts, and still quite wobbly.  By late afternoon, she was much more proficient.

I'm proud of her achievement, but I have to say, I'm even more proud of her getting right back on that bike after taking a big tumble down  a slope where she scraped and bruised her hip.  She's turning into quite the dedicated tough cookie when she wants to be, and I like that a lot.

All photos and videos are from my cell phone, so the quality is not the greatest, but it shows you how well they are both doing, anyways.

Still struggling to maintain speed when she isn't going downhill, but she loves the bike much more than the balance bike

No problem with speed here ... look how her skirt is flapping in the wind!
Click here if you can't view the video of Annelee below:



Click here if you can't view the video of Vivian below:

No comments:

Post a Comment