Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gingerbread House 2011

What a difference a year makes!

Remember my post last year about Vivian's and Rowan's (and really Jenny's and mine) effort of decorating a gingerbread house for Christmas?

Well, we decided it was fun anyways and the girls were a year older and wiser ... and we were not ... and we tried it again. :)

This time, Vivian and I assembled the houses ahead of time and mixed up the candy so that each girl had a big bowl with all types of candy (my German tendency last year to make a bowl for each type of candy was not a smart move).

Rowan came over, I put the houses in front of Vivian and Rowan, gave them the candy, and cut open the bags of icing and handed them to them. And that was pretty much it. Other than the occasional warning not to eat too much icing and candy, I just sat back, played with Annelee, and watched (and photographed) their progress.

Wow.

I especially enjoyed some of the chatter that went on between them ... real conversations about topics that are important when you are four (I guess) AND they managed to decorate at the same time. It was fabulous!
 
Maybe next year, we might even be brave enough to invite a second friend over for this?
Just getting started

Very focused

Annelee's contribution was to eat one of the gingerbread snowmen

I love the bit of her tutu that we can see, too.  Gotta be dressed right to be decorating!

Annelee observes, hoping she'll get to decorate her own house next year

All done!


No comments:

Post a Comment