Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Calendar

At the last minute (quite literally), I decided to make an advent calendar for Vivian.  I had been planning on getting her a chocolate one and then maybe making something for next year, but I kept reading various blogs where the calendar contained activities.  I liked the idea, so I made one out of a bunch of envelopes.  I managed to hang it up shortly before midnight.  Some of the envelopes are still empty, but I will be able to fill them before we get to them.  :)

Vivian opened the first one today (candy, not all of them are activities, especially on daycare days) and while she liked the concept of the candy (as expected), I'm not sure the concept of the calendar will fully sink in this year (again, as expected).  I am considering this my dry-run to determine which of the activities I like and want to repeat in future years.  Next year, I will make the calendar completely out of the little gift bags - I think that will look really cute - and it will be harder to tell if they contain a note for an activity or a toy/candy.

Some of the things we'll do is make a gingerbread house, look at the Macy's Christmas decoration downtown, watch Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, drive around and admire Christmas lights, read Christmas stories, etc.  We'll see how it goes.

Please excuse the poor quality of the photo  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment